NR524: Health Policy, Advocacy and Economics in Healthcare
Topic: Health Care Quality
Question: (300 words)
Visit the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality– https://nhqrnet.ahrq.gov/inhqrdr/National/benchmark/summary/All_Measures/All_Topics
Select one of the achievable measures from Diseases and Conditions.
- one area where nationally we are at benchmark.
- one area where we are close to benchmark.
- one area where we are far from benchmark.
On the area where we are far from benchmark, suggest a policy to move us closer to Quality.
Assignment – Health Policy Analysis (5 full pages)
Health Policy Analysis Assignment Overview
Policy analysis is a key method for making recommendations and influencing policymakers. The analysis provides informed advice and includes a recommendation for policy and an action plan for change. The arguments should be well constructed, persuasive, and evidence based.
Your submission should be in APA format and 5 to 7 pages long, not including the cover and reference pages. It must include evidence from at least 5 peer-reviewed articles within the last 5 years.
Include the following in your submission:
Problem Statement: Describe the problem, and state why it is important. You may set up the problem in the form of a question to include the criteria for solving the problem.
Example: How can we increase uptake of the flu vaccine among the elderly population?
Policy Background: Describe the problem in context including policy efforts to date.
Policy Landscape: Who are the key stakeholders? Describe the research and the evidence. Consider social, political, economic, and practical factors.
Policy Options: Discuss the various options to consider. What are the pros and cons? What organizations may be aligned with one option or another? Discuss the trade-offs,
risks, and benefits.
- Policy Recommendation: Articulate a best policy. Support the recommendation with facts, and describe why it is the best policy in view of any trade-offs.
Week 11: Required Readings
- Medicare. (n.d.). Hospital Compare. Medicare.gov.
- Agency for Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports: National Quality Measures Compared to Achievable Benchmarks. AHQ.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (2018). Healthcare Timeline. IHI.