Thoughts and Reactions
• When writing an article reflection, include your thoughts and reactions to the reading
• Use a reflection paper to analyze what you have read • It should be well-written
• You can include personal experience and knowledge in a reflection paper, but base your reactions and reflections on the article
Don’t Summarize and Don’t Ramble
• Do not use an article reflection to simply summarize what you have read
• An article reflection should not be a free flow of ideal and thoughts
• The idea of an article reflection is to write a piece describing your reactions and analysis to a reading.
Organize Your Thoughts
• An article reflection should be as organized as any other type of formal piece of writing
• In the introduction, describe your expectations before the reading
• You also may want to summarize the conclusion you came to during the reading and reflection process
• The body of your article reflection should explain the conclusions you have come to and why o It is fine if you do a bit of further research and read related articles you find (if you find the topic interesting).
• Base your conclusions in real details you find in your reading
• End the paper with conclusions that sums up what you got from the reading
• Come to some other conclusion or analysis about the article that you didn’t consider before reading