Advances in Technology
In this assignment you will examine how advances in technology and telehealth have improved health care in rural communities. Transportation, health monitoring, timelines, and communication within the health care system are key areas where telehealth can reduce or minimize challenges and burdens with patient encounters. The increased use of telehealth and the application of interoperable systems increases the need to protect patient information and health care system data. You will write a paper to assess how telehealth, interoperability, and Health Information Systems (HIMS) can be used to deliver health care services and improve patient-centric health care practices in rural communities.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Determine three key health care services that could be delivered by telehealth in rural communities.
- Examine three technologies applied in telehealth for delivery of three selected health care services.
- Critique how interoperability requirements applied to telehealth improve the delivery of three selected health care services.
- Examine how Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) are applied in telehealth for delivery of three selected health care services.
- Propose how the application of telehealth for the delivery of three selected health care services could improve patient-centric health care practices.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing