You are considering opening a small doughnut shop in your hometown. Research the process required to make doughnuts. After learning all of the steps that are required in the production of doughnuts, respond to the following:
- List and describe all of the steps required to produce doughnuts as well as the equipment required to complete each step.
- Create a bill of materials to list those ingredients required to produce doughnuts.
- Describe what would be the capacity of the doughnut production operation that you are envisioning. In other words, describe what would define the maximum number of doughnuts that you could produce per hour.
- If your doughnut business is incredibly successful (to the point that you are now selling them frozen, via grocery stores nationwide, so that people can prepare them in their own homes), explain how you could effectively increase the capacity of your doughnut operation.What change in process strategy would be required to produce and sell doughnuts in this way?
- Submit your report in a five- to seven-page Word document, using APA style.