Read passage and answer following questions:
- Based on the chief complaint, explain the importance of knowing that Ralph had not traveled outside the country or that there is no family history of respiratory diseases.
- What is the normal pH of blood and what Ralph’s lab results tell us.
- What is the normal oxygen (PaO2) and carbon dioxide (PaCO2) content in blood? Based on the results, would you say Ralph presents hypoxemia or hypercapnia?
- Based on the blood test results is it possible that Ralph also presents an infection?
- Would you say lifestyle choices or occupation are to blame for Ralph’s disease?
- What is the name of the disease affecting Ralph’s lungs? Provide evidence to support your conclusion.