Problem 1- Planning project
Your book talks about the “Scope Triangle” or the Iron Triangle.
Question 1: Your book addresses six areas that are part of the iron triangle –
- Describe each of the areas included in the iron triangle
- Of the six which areas do you feel are the most important and why?
Question 2: You are managing a project and your sponsor has given the following constraints:
- The project must be completed in 2 months
- The project must include 7 core pieces of scope
- The project must stay within 1 million dollars
What concerns do you have with the three constraints above and how do you proceed?
Scope Creep – Discuss ways in which scope creep occurred on projects with which you have been associated. Was the project manager able to reverse scope creep? Is it possible to reverse scope creep and what is the impact? How do you identify scope creep?
Title: Effective Project Management
Authors: Robert K. Wysocki
Publication Date: 2019-05-07
Edition: 8th Edition