Watch this video with Brenda Forde, Program Chair of MBA.
BUS627 Week 2 Transcript Download BUS627 Week 2 Transcript
Using the same company and annual reports that you chose in your Week 1 – Discussion Forum, Reading and Using the Annual Report Case Study, address the following:
- Calculate the gross profit ratio, operating margin ratio, and net income margin ratio for the latest two years and obtain the industry averages for these ratios and any other pertinent information from the Mergent Online Links to an external site. database, available through the UAGC Library, or use another outside resource of your choice, and then analyze the results. Be sure to show your calculations.
- If needed, review the How to Find Industry Ratios and Averages Using Mergent Online Links to an external site. tutorial on how to use the Mergent Online Links to an external site. database.
- Analyze these ratios and discuss what each of these ratios tells you about the company’s profitability and how it compares to the industry averages.
- Note any trends in these ratios from year-to-year and discuss your assessment of the company based on these changes.
- As an investor, explain why you would or would not buy stock in the company.
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly or credible resource, in addition to the text. Cite your sources in APA Style with in-text citations and a reference list. The Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site. and APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site. provide instructions and examples.